01 April, 2006

Curricula

One of the mirad of reasons I started this blog (along with the desire to hear myself talk) was to create a record of our lives, specifically the farm and our schooling. I've been updating on the farm, but I've written little about school. I think now is the time to outline our curricula.

Mary (8yo)--Latina Christiana I, Elementary Greek I, Christian Studies I, D'Aulaire's Greek Myths, Spencerian Penmanship 3, multiplication facts. We are taking a break from Rod and Staff math and Classical Writing.

Ian (4yo)--Copybook I, Phonics Pathways.

Alex (3yo)--Phonics Pathways.

Mary spends about 2 hours a day with me on school, 2 hours on seatwork, and an hour on reading. Ian spends about 10 minutes on copybook (he's still learning to write his letters) and 15-20 minutes on reading, depending on how much he wants to do. Alistair spends anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes a day on reading, also depending on what he wants to do (and some days he doesn't want to do any, which is cool with me). Ian is reading CVC words with ease and Alex is still learning letter sounds. We also try to do our read aloud for 30 min and we fit in some science activities and Ohio history about once a week or so. Since the weather has been nice, we've been going for an hour walk most days.

No comments: