29 September, 2006

3 year olds are interesting people

This morning I was sitting in my bedroom, talking to Ian. Alex walked in from my bathroom, carrying an old toothbrush.

"Mama, look what I found!"

"Yes, that's yucky."

Alex looks at it, "No, it's not."

"Yes, sweetie, it's old and yucky and I don't use it anymore."

"Oh." He climbs into my lap.

"What's your favorite color?" I ask. We had been talking about colors and numbers as I got him dressed.

"BLUE!"

"What color are your eyes?"

"BLUE!"

"Come here and let me see them, they might be turning green." My and Ian's eyes both turned green between three and four.

"No they're not!"

I look in his eyes, "I don't know, they might be."

"Your eyes are gonna turn RED!"

"Why, am I evil?" Evil is his new favorite word. Nothing is bad right now, it's all "evil."

"Not yet."

"Am I going to turn evil later?"

"NOOOOO! Here, let me brush your nose!" He whips out the toothbrush and begins scrubbing my upper lip. Then he starts on my arm. "Take off your glasses, I wanna brush your eyebrows, they have hair on them!"

3 year olds are interesting people. :)

No comments: