06 November, 2006

I can't wait for this election to be over

I realize this is an important election, and that Ohio is a real battleground again this year. But, I am so fatigued with electionering. I get 2-12 pieces of political mail every day. I get to listen to radio adds (complete with thundering, emotional music) about how the world will end if X is elected.

If any of you out there are Glenn Beck listeners, you know about the Velveeta/Phlemowsky spoof ads he runs. It has gotten to the point where I can't tell the real ones from his fake ones anymore.

Thing is, I still don't know who I'm voting for in a couple of elections. I'm conservative, and we have some real RINOs running for office. Do I hold my nose and vote them because they are infinately better than the alternative (IMO), or do I heed my conscience and vote for someone (anyone, almost) that is not one of the two crappy choices I currently have? Specifically, for Senator we have Mike DeWine (R) who is liberal fiscally and was considering joining the judicial "filibuster." Or we have Sherrod Brown (D) who is practically a communist and has, in the past, taken cronyism to new heights. Blech. So I could write-in, or go third party, but that is going to be a defacto vote for Brown in this close race. I still haven't decided if DeWine is that much better than Brown that I should vote for him.

But, more than anything, I just want it to be over. Here's the list I've been compiling of all the people who have "called" me this election:

  • Barbra Striesand
  • Laura Bush
  • Rudy Giuliani
  • Ken Blackwell
  • an undercover BCI agent
  • 10 other unnamed recorded people
  • [update: 11:12] Mike DeWine
Also, I got 1 call from a live Republican party worker.

To look at the list, it doesn't seem like much, but the same people keep calling over and over. In the time it has taken me to check my email and compose this post I have already gotten 2 calls this morning. I would estimate that 75% of the phone calls I've gotten in the last three weeks have been political in nature.

I'm spent.

No comments: